Please write an short report that answers the following questions I have been assigned the company :McAffe
Computer companies are required to file compliance documents to NIST under FIPS 140-1 and FIPS 140-2.
Write a short report, in your own words, that discusses:
- When is registration required?
- What does a company need to do to meet these Federal requirements for a new cryptographic module?
- See your designated competitor below and introduce the company with a description of their products
- Discuss why cryptography might be important to them
- Summarize the submissions of your competitor for 2017/18 including the number of submissions, whether they are applying for hardware or software application, the intended application of these modules, and the types of cryptographic algorithms they are proposing for these applications (classify the algorithms given by the technology used)
Submissions can be found at https://csrc.nist.gov/projects/cryptographic-module-validation-program (Links to an external site.), use Search under Validation Modules on the right side