- Provide the title and the link for the news story.
- Provide a brief (1- to 2-sentence) summary of the story you selected.
- Identify the main topic of this news story.
- Write a brief (1- to 2-sentence) description of the branches of the natural sciences that you feel are part of the topic or main theme of this news story.
website evaluation template doc is uploaded below and the score is 7
- Report your scores for your two chosen sites from the Shapiro Library website tutorial. Be sure to include hyperlinks to the specific articles and sub-pages you examined in your work.
- Which of your two chosen resources would you consider to be more valid? Explain your choice.
Next, use the news story you selected and the results of your Shapiro Library research and respond to the following:
- Briefly summarize (in 1 to 2 sentences) the natural science topic featured in your chosen news story.
- How would you go about finding more information on the topic that you chose? List at least two different sources that you would consider reliable.
- Briefly explain why you think these are reliable sources of information to help you find out more about your topic.
In one paragraph, describe the evidence that supports the main idea or thesis of the news story you chose in learning block 1-2 for your final project. What specific data is discussed or referenced? Are any additional research studies discussed? Make sure you are as specific and objective as possible as you explain the data discussed in the news story. Be detailed in your description, providing scientific background cited in the article or discovered in your search process. Are you able to get more information on the original research if you want to? Is there information about where the information was originally published?
Based on the previous analysis, do you feel that the information presented in your news story is valid and reliable? Support your answer with three reasons that are grounded in evidence.
FOLLOW UP BY TOPIC EXPLORATION GRAPHIC ORGANIZER doc