Biology: Contribute to and clean up a Wikipedia article.
Disseminating Knowledge and Fact-checking on Wikipedia
The Evolution of Genetically Engineer Food (GE) Through Human Manipulation.
In this activity you use your newfound knowledge-gained while preparing your literature review-to contribute to and clean up the Wikipedia article most closely related to the topic of the term paper (The Evolution of Genetically Engineer Food (GE) Through Human Manipulation). Find and read a Wikipedia article that is most closely related to the topic to get an overview of the information provided. Then, read it again, but this time with a critical eye. Analyze the information provided, correct any errors, and contribute new information that strengthens the article. Keep the following questions in mind as you consider how to improve the Wikipedia article:
· How can you further advance the topic of the original article?
· What assumptions have the contributors made?
· Are these assumptions justifiable? Why or why not?
· Are there errors in the scientific or factual information included in the article?
· What changes would you make to the description of the topic?
· To what degree is the supporting information accurate, clear, and relevant to the topic?
· How many of the statements needing citations can you fix by providing supporting references?
· How could the research articles that you reviewed be incorporated into the article?
· What scientific theories and concepts support the reasoning of the article?
· What are the implications and consequences of the topic?
Instructions for Assignment Completion:
Use the knowledge gained form conducting your literature review to correct and contribute to a Wikipedia article most closely related to the term paper topic (The Evolution of Genetically Engineer Food (GE) Through Human Manipulation). Conduct an analysis of the selected article, providing your qualified opinion on its merits and shortcomings. Your contribution must be at least 250 words and include at least 3 corrections, including aIDing needed citations.
Once you have completed your contributions and corrections included with your 250 words contribution attach a Word-compatible document (i.e., .doc, .docx, .rtf) where you have copied and pasted the Wikipedia page and then highlighted the personal contributions and corrections.
Begin this activity by reading this brief editorial published in the premier journal Nature. The article encourages experts and other people knowledgeable in any field to contribute to and improve Wikipedia. Next, read Wikipedia’s Editing Tutorial page to learn how to edit Wikipedia pages.
APA style formatting
Use one aIDitional source relevant to the topic and in-text cited.
Don’t forget to create references
* Assignment needs to relate to The Evolution of Genetically Engineer Food (GE) Through Human Manipulation.
*Assignment has a response of at least 250 words and include at least 3 corrections, including aIDing needed citations to improve the Wikipedia article.
*Include a Word-compatible document along with the 250 words response (i.e., .doc, .docx, .rtf) where you have copied and pasted the Wikipedia page and then highlighted the personal contributions and corrections.