Use your textbook to answer the first A and B questions.
1. Use the Food Guide Pyramid to identify each of the food groups and the recommended number of servings for a
2. List at least 4 food items from each group and the child size appropriate serving size of each food item.
3. Determine the number of calories in a serving of food that contains 7 grams of carbohydrates, 5 grams of
protein and 6 grams of fat (show your work).
4. Using the formula on page 329 of your book, approximately what percentage of the food item is fat?
5. What percentage of the food item is protein?
1. What is the difference between a complete protein and a incomplete protein?
2. Which protein foods are complete and which protein foods are incomplete?
3. What are complementary proteins and what are supplementary proteins? Give 3 examples of each.
4. Discuss (3 sentences) characteristics of minerals.
5. Identify which vitamins are water-soluble and which are fat-soluble.
6. What are 4 characteristics of water-soluble and 4 characteristics of fat-soluble vitamins?