Which of the following is NOT a type of CDS
a. Drug-drug interaction checking
b. Dosing guidance
c. Pregnancy alerting
d. Fatigue assessment
e. Incidental display
2. True or False:
a. Diagnosis is the dominant decision-making issue is medicine T F
b. Clinicians will use knowledge-based systems if they can be shown to function at the level of experts T F
3. An organization that takes past success as a reason for confidence instead of investing in anticipating the changing potential for failure
The above statement is part of which error detection or engineering method:
a. Tall man lettering
b. Checklist manifesto
c. Resilience engineering
d. Ten commandments for CDS
e. Ten commandments for CPOE
Answer any 5 of the following questions (a few sentences suffices):
4. Why is deDombal’s work significant for the development of clinical decision support? What did his systems do?
5. What are six features of decision support that are important for its success?
6. What is alert fatigue?
7. Describe 5 of the grand challenges for clinical decision support
8. List the six stages at which decision support can have interventions
9. List four features important for safe CPOE design
10. Describe five unintended adverse consequences (UAC) of CPOE
11. Explain the difference between a slip and a mistake. Give an example of each type of error, and a possible way to prevent or correct it.
12. What is Tall Man lettering and what type of error is it designed to prevent?
13. Describe Pronovost’s interventions for patient safety. How successful was it?