Within the Discussion Board area, write 400–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas:
Throughout history, humans have responded to the environment around them based on proximity to others, natural resource availability, and awareness of existing technology. Although business transactions have changed drastically from the Agricultural Revolution, the Industrial Revolution, and the Information Revolution, humans are interacting with more people in more places than ever before. Choose an innovation from the list below and explain how this technology impacted human behavior in work environments; you are encouraged to draw from your own workplace experiences if possible.
- Online meeting rooms and events
- Facebook and other social media
- Smartphones with email, internet, etc.
- How does this new technology affect how people relate to one another, handle everyday business matters, and maintain a work/life balance?
- What customs have you seen changing in our Age of Information as a result of the rapidly changing technology?
- Is this technology only beneficial, or do you see any potential negative impacts on human relations, customs, or values?