Imagine you are the office manager at a small doctor’s office. As the office manager, you are in charge of educating new hires.
Write a 700- to 1,050-word reference guide describing electronic data interchange (EDI).
Include the following in your summary:
- Define EDI.
- Explain how using EDI facilitates electronic transactions.
- Explain how HIPAA has changed how health care information is transmitted in EDI.
- Describe the relationship between Electronic Health Records, reimbursement, HIPAA, and EDI transactions.
Cite a minimum of two outside sources.
Write a 150- to 350-word response to the following:
- Discuss at least two components described in the “Billing Workflow” section in Ch. 10 ofHealth Information and Technology Management.
- How do these components affect health care reimbursement?
- 2 components–patient billing and insurance claim