- Demonstrate leadership strategies that promote safety and improve quality in nursing practice and increase collaboration with other disciplines when planning patient-centered care within systems-based practice. (PO2)
CO5: Apply concepts of professionalism when planning for personal, intellectual, and professional development. (PO5)
Select one of the AACN BSN Essentials, and elaborate on its meaning and importance in your own future professional nursing practice.
In your post (intended to provide a clear and thorough answer), be sure to
- identify the AACN BSN Essential that you have selected by name and number;
- explain why you selected this Essential; and
- The nine Essentials are:
- Essential I: Liberal Education for Baccalaureate Generalist Nursing Practice
- Essential II: Basic Organizational and Systems Leadership for Quality Care and
- Patient Safety
- Essential III: Scholarship for Evidence Based Practice
- Essential IV: Information Management and Application of Patient Care Technology
- Essential V: Health Care Policy, Finance, and Regulatory Environments
- Essential VI: Interprofessional Communication and Collaboration for Improving Patient
- Health Outcomes
- Essential VII: Clinical Prevention and Population Health
- Essential VIII: Professionalism and Professional Values
- Essential IX: Baccalaureate Generalist Nursing Practice
explain how this Essential will be used to improve quality in your future professional nursing career.
Hood, L. J. (2018). Leddy & Pepper’s professional nursing (9th ed.). Philadelphia, PA: Wolters Kluwer Health | Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.