Course Project Milestone 3: The Interview Guidelines
The purpose of the Course Project is to give the student the opportunity to apply concepts in transcultural nursing by conducting a transcultural nursing assessment. The purpose of Milestone 3 is to conduct an interview as part of a transcultural nursing assessment, and conduct an interview. You will submit a written document reflecting on concepts of transcultural nursing related to the interview.
The completion of the Course Project enables the student to meet the following Course Outcomes.
CO #1: Identify theories, concepts, and beliefs related to transcultural nursing. (PO#1)
CO #2: Communicate effectively with culturally diverse individuals, families, and organizations. (PO #3)
The entire project is worth 600 points. Milestone 3 is worth 300 points of this total.
You are to submit your completed NR391 Milestone 3: The Interview by Sunday, 11:59 p.m. MT, at the end of Week 6.
Requirements and Guidelines
- Schedule a time to meet with the interviewee to conduct a face-to-face interview. You may not conduct the interview by phone call, e-mail or by asking the interviewee to fill in a form. You must be able to understand your interviewee. An interpreter is not allowed.
- Do not conduct the interview prior to Week 6 in order to receive feedback from your instructor regarding Milestone 2: Interview Guide and Questions prior to meeting. This will allow you time to make adjustments in your questions if needed. If the interviewee's schedule requires that you conduct the interview prior to Week 6, consult with your instructor regarding early submission of Milestone 2 to ensure that you receive timely feedback before the interview occurs.
- Conduct the interview in a professional manner using the preapproved questions (Milestone 2).
- The Interview Assignment must be able to be submitted to the course, and opened by the instructor for review using MS Word 2010 or later.
- Submit the completed Interview assignment by the Sunday of Week 6 at 11:59 p.m. MT. The length of your assignment should be no more than five to six typed, double-spaced pages.
- There is no designated form for the assignment. The formatting of the Questions and Answers is at the discretion of the student.