Comparative Analysis of Safety Management System Guidelines and Consensus Standards
For this assignment, you will be performing a comparative analysis on safety management standards and guidelines. You will begin by reviewing both the Guidelines on Occupational Safety and Health Management Systems (International Labour Organization-Occupational Safety and Health [ILO-OSH]) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration’s (OSHA’s) Guidelines for Occupational Health and Safety Program Management. Both guidelines can be found in the Unit I Required Reading section. Following the review, you will develop a comparative analysis of the guidelines.
Your analysis must include the information listed below:
· an overview of the guidelines, including information about the developing organization;
· the similarities and differences between guidelines;
· identification of how the guidelines include the model for continuous improvement (PDCA) discussed in the unit lesson;
· identification of whether the core elements of a safety management system are included in the guidelines;
· identification of the benefits to be obtained from implementing a safety management system; and
· identification of an industry sector that currently uses the guidelines.
Your analysis must be two to three pages, double-spaced, and 12-point font (separate title page and reference page are required and do not count toward the total page length). Make sure that you include an introduction. A tutorial titled “Introductions and Conclusions” is available for you to view from the Success Writing Center. Here is the link to this tutorial: