The purposes of this assignment are to: (a) identify and articulate a new nursing care delivery model to increase the economic and quality outcomes for your organization, (b) articulate how key concepts of the new nursing care delivery model will reduce costs and improve the quality of healthcare in the organization, and (c) provide empirical, scholarly evidence to support your ideas.
NOTE: You are to choose two patient safety goals to focus on for your organization. This will allow you, as the nurse executive, some flexibility in relating this deficiency to your new nursing care delivery model.
Due Date:Sunday 11:59 p.m. MT at the end of Week 7
Total Points Possible: 225
- This paper will be graded on quality of information, use of citations, use of Standard English grammar, sentence structure, and organization based on the required components.
- Create this assignment using Microsoft (MS) Word, which is the required format for all Chamberlain documents. You can tell that the document is saved as a MS Word document because it will end in “.docx.”
- Submit by 11:59 p.m. MT on Sunday of the week due. Any questions about this paper may be discussed in the weekly Q & A Discussion topic.
- The length of the paper is to be no greater than three pages, excluding title page and reference page. Extra pages WILL NOT be read by the instructor and WILL NOT count toward your grade.
NOTE: You have the option of verbally presenting the content of your paper and uploading/sending the video to your instructor and posting it in the designated Week 8 threaded discussion.
- APA format (6th edition) is required in this assignment, including a title page and reference page. Use APA level 1 headings for the organizational structure of this assignment.Remember that the introduction does not carry a heading that labels it as a level heading in APA format. The first part of your paper is assumed to be the introduction. See APA manual for details. See resource under Course Resources, “Guidelines for Writing Professional Papers.” Use the suggested format and headings to organize your assignment.
- Include introduction (do not label as a heading in APA format)
- New Nursing Care Delivery Model and Patient Safety Goals
- Key Concepts
- Supporting Evidence
Preparing the paper
As the nurse executive of your organization, you must reexamine your current nursing care delivery model (total-patient-care) and propose a new model to reduce costs and improve the quality of healthcare for the organization. Your staffing budget will remain fixed next year, and your recent visit by The Joint Commission revealed some patient safety goal challenges.You are considering switching from a total-patient-care delivery model to a new patient care delivery model.
- Clearly introduce your quality of healthcare assignment in the introduction paragraph. Include a sentence that states the purpose of your assignment.
- Clearly identify and articulate a new nursing care delivery model to increase the economic and quality outcomes for your organization. Discuss at least two patient safety goals to focus on for your organization.
- Clearly articulate how the key concepts of the new nursing care delivery model may reduce costs and improve the quality of healthcare in the organization.
- Include a minimum of three sources of scholarly, empirical evidence to support the nursing care delivery model to be communicated.
- Provide concluding statements that should summarize your overall assignment content.
- The paper will be three pages maximum, excluding title and reference page(s).
Note: If you go over the paper length, the information will not be graded by the instructor.
NOTE: You have the option of verbally presenting the content of your paper and uploading/sending the video to your instructor and posting it in the designated Week 8 threaded discussion. For the video option, you must still include a written introduction and conclusion, title page and reference list, per APA.
- Title and reference page(s) must be in APA format (6th edition).
- Use 12 Times New Roman font and one-inch margins on all sides of the paper.
9. Note: After submitting your assignment in Week 7, please also upload your completed assignment to the Week 8 designated threaded discussion to s
10.Share with your peers.