Use APA format.
You work for an organization that just underwent a change in leadership. There is a new chair of the board of directors who has no prior healthcare experience. The board has also hired a new CEO. The board and the CEO are focused on ensuring the long term security and viability of the organization. The CEO has announced that the organization will be reviewing its strategic plan, current operations, and external factors that may influence the institution’s future. You have been designated as your department’s representative on a workgroup that will be examining these issues.
Identify one important, current issue in American healthcare or concerning global health, and then follow the instructions below. This paper provides you with an opportunity to explore how current events are affecting the role of the healthcare administrator.
- Prepare an 800-1,000 word research brief that (1) summarizes a news story found on Kaiser Health News and then (2) discusses the implications of this news event on your future as a leader in health care.
- Incorporate at least three (3) scholarly journal articles published in the last five years into your paper and cited accordingly.
- In addition, locate articles and include at least one scholarly journal that provides a DOI = digital object identifier on the reference page (example: doi: 10.1108/03090560710821161).
- Follow APA style guidelines for cover page, citations, and the reference page. An abstract is not required for this paper.
- Prepare your essay in MS Word with 1-inch margins on all sides, double-spaced and 12 pt. Times New Roman font. Please note that the 1000 word limit pertains to the body of the paper.